Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pop up Julian date

Any one help me to figure out how to create julian date pop up i have the
table already, but do i need to use macro?? or can any one help with that !!

Thanks
--
samy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Samy,

What do you mean by 'julian date'? A julian day number, a julian calendar date, or something different? Some people call a year
number followed by a day number a 'julian date', which it is not - the only true 'julian date' is one that belongs to the julian
calendar.

--
Cheers
macropod

"samy" wrote in message ...

Any one help me to figure out how to create julian date pop up i have the
table already, but do i need to use macro?? or can any one help with that !!

Thanks
--
samy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am sorry, I meant Julian calendar, then once you click on the cell
Julian calendar will pop up and you select the date then will be inserted in
the cell.

Thanks
--
samy

"samy" wrote in message ...

Any one help me to figure out how to create julian date pop up i have the
table already, but do i need to use macro?? or can any one help with that !!

Thanks
--
samy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Samy,

What exactly are you trying to do? Convert a Gregorian Date to Julian? If not, I can't see why Excel's standard date functions
wouldn't suffice - there won't be another leap-year difference until the start on next century. Surely you aren't planning your
entertainment schedule that far ahead ...

--
Cheers
macropod

"samy" wrote in message ...

Any one help me to figure out how to create julian date pop up i have the
table already, but do i need to use macro?? or can any one help with that !!

Thanks
--
samy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not trying to convert Gregorian Date to Julian. I have table below,
when ever i click on a cell i want the table to pop up and select the julian
date and so on what do i need to do to be able let that happen !!!

Day Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul
1 1 32 61 92 122 153 183
2 2 33 62 93 123 154 184
3 3 34 63 94 124 155 185
4 4 35 64 95 125 156 186
5 5 36 65 96 126 157 187
6 6 37 66 97 127 158 188
7 7 38 67 98 128 159 189
8 8 39 68 99 129 160 190
9 9 40 69 100 130 161 191
10 10 41 70 101 131 162 192
11 11 42 71 102 132 163 193
12 12 43 72 103 133 164 194
13 13 44 73 104 134 165 195
14 14 45 74 105 135 166 196
15 15 46 75 106 136 167 197
16 16 47 76 107 137 168 198
17 17 48 77 108 138 169 199
18 18 49 78 109 139 170 200
19 19 50 79 110 140 171 201
20 20 51 80 111 141 172 202
21 21 52 81 112 142 173 203
22 22 53 82 113 143 174 204
23 23 54 83 114 144 175 205
24 24 55 84 115 145 176 206
25 25 56 85 116 146 177 207
26 26 57 86 117 147 178 208
27 27 58 87 118 148 179 209
28 28 59 88 119 149 180 210
29 29 60 89 120 150 181 211
30 30 90 121 151 182 212
31 31 91 152 213

--
samy

"samy" wrote in message ...

Any one help me to figure out how to create julian date pop up i have the
table already, but do i need to use macro?? or can any one help with that !!

Thanks
--
samy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Samy,

As I asked in my last post, what exactly are you trying to do?

From your table, you're not after a Julian (calendar) date or julian day number at all, but either:
1. A calculation of the day of the year (which, unlike your table, varies in leap years). For that, you could use a formula like:
=RIGHT(YEAR(TODAY()),2)&TEXT(A1-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,0),"000")
to return the year number (2 digits) and day number (3 digits) for a date in A1 (eg 08203 for 21 July 2008), or
=TEXT(A1-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,0),"000")
for just the day number.

2. Trying to convert a year & day offset (eg 08203) in A1 to a date. For that, you could use a formula like:
=DATE(LEFT(A1,2)+2000,1,RIGHT(A1,3))

I've given you both conversions as its not at all clear from your posts which you need.

--
Cheers
macropod