Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CTRL+C not COPY anymore - seems to be delete cells

Not sure how I got into this state, but now when pressing CTRL+C in Excel
(Vista), Excel seems to think I want to delete cells and puts up the dialog
box for rows or cells to be deleted. How can I restore CTRL+C to be "Copy
selected text to clipboard" is it was before without reloading the program?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I did not record any macros and have not added any add-ins. I did enable
the Ribbon to view macros and none where there. I am sure I hit some
combination of keystrokes probably but not sure what.
Every time I do control-C i get the delete dialog box. Very unusual.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Have you recorded a macro recently or installed and add-in?

Peo Sjoblom

"Lancealot Link" <Lancealot wrote in message
Not sure how I got into this state, but now when pressing CTRL+C in Excel
(Vista), Excel seems to think I want to delete cells and puts up the
dialog
box for rows or cells to be deleted. How can I restore CTRL+C to be
"Copy
selected text to clipboard" is it was before without reloading the
program?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?TGFuY2VhbG90IExpbms=?= wrote:
No, I did not record any macros and have not added any add-ins. I did enable
the Ribbon to view macros and none where there. I am sure I hit some
combination of keystrokes probably but not sure what.
Every time I do control-C i get the delete dialog box. Very unusual.

... are you sure you aren't suffering fat finger syndrome and hitting
control-X instead of ^C ? If, like me, you do ^C left handed and sometimes
quickly, occasionally odd things happen.
To test, if you use ^V immediately after, do you get the deleted data pasted
in again ? :)