Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pop-Ups in a spreadsheet?

Good Morning,
I have been learning Access lately, so I might just be expecting too much
from Excel, please bear with me in this matter.

I have a spreadsheet with a list of salesmen, their "assistants", their
region, and the estimator who works with them. I need to add phone numbers
and fax numbers for the salesmen, but I do not want to add more fields in the
sheet because I don't want to make it smaller on the screen, or have to
scroll over to see them.

What I want to do is add something that I can either click on or hover over
that will pop-up with the salesman's phone and fax information. I know I
could add a comment on each one, and that is certainly an option, even if
it's not what that's really intended for.

Like I said, I have been working with Access, so I might just expect other
programs to do more because it does so with the relational stuff. This needs
to be in Excel, so I need to work out how to do this here.

Thank you to anyone who might be able to help me. Please try to avoid
programing or macros because I'm completely ignorant of how to even use that
stuff. I am learning, but I'm not there yet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One possible option might be datavalidation, select the cell in question,
do datavalidation click on the input message tab and type in the address
and ph there.
Now every time you select that cell a message will pop up.

Peo Sjoblom

"Judi<<" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i think comments is the way for you to go. any other way would require code
which you say you don't want at this time. and yes, that is exactly what
comments are for. to provide additional information about the data in the
cell.
Regards
FSt1

"Judi<<" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you!! This is going to do exactly what I need.

I can see that there is a lot more to learn about Excel, and I thought I was
doing well to get a filter working...

You're awesome!

Judi <<

"Judi<<" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is more like what I was looking for... The validate data box doesn't
travel if the information is sorted, so it's all wrong if someone sorts the
names. I just spent a few hours doing it with validate... now I think I will
leave it that way and fix it another day, my eyes are crossing from too much
staring at small writing.

Thank you.

Judi <<