Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLookup Freeze?

I have about 75 worksheets representing different companies. Each month I
have formulas that use VLookup to lookup data from a different worksheet.
Before I upload the next month I copy all of the data from the previous
months and do a paste special values only. Then I replace the previous
month's data in the different worksheet with the current month's data which
automatically fills in the next month.

Is there a way to do a macro or something where I can, once a month, tell it
to copy and paste the previous months' data for each of the 75 sheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Currently I have data allocations in column A, a Rate in column B, and Jan -
Dec in the next 12 columns. Jul - Dec is hidden and is shown when I want to
enter data into that month. When I get the raw data for July I first copy
Jan - Jun (all the previous months' columns: Meaning the number of columns
would change as time goes on) and I paste special (only values) back into
those sames columns. Now I take the raw data for July and paste it in a
worksheet (that previously held the june raw data). Now the July column
automatically fills in with data and I allow that column to now show.

I repeat this process approx. 75 times on similar worksheets that represent
different companies.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Properly written, all of this can be ONE mouse click. More step by step
detail.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I have about 75 worksheets representing different companies. Each month I
have formulas that use VLookup to lookup data from a different worksheet.
Before I upload the next month I copy all of the data from the previous
months and do a paste special values only. Then I replace the previous
month's data in the different worksheet with the current month's data
which
automatically fills in the next month.

Is there a way to do a macro or something where I can, once a month, tell
it
to copy and paste the previous months' data for each of the 75 sheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If desired, send your workbook to my address below along with snippets of
these msgs and examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel