Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data not updating

Hi, I have a problem with my formulas not updating to the correct value. for
example i have 1 in col A and 2 in col B, and col C = A*B=2. The problem is
that say I change col B to 5, Col C will still remain at 2. It will also
still remain at 2 if i drop down the formula again. The only way that it
will update is when you actually go into the formula click at the end of it
and hit enter. At that point it will update to the correct value. I'm just
wondering if there is a way to update all these formulas so that this does
not happen and so I don't have to manually go through all of the formulas.

Thanks, Josh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds as if you are on manual calculation. Go to Tools--Options, then
select Calculation tab, and ensure auto calculation is selected.

Or, if you want your workbook on manual calculation, you can force it to do
an update to current calculations by pressing F9.

--
John C