Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count number of positive values in range

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the SumIf( ) function.
--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.
--

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi
balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ooops!!!
You're right! :O
CountIf( )
--

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.
--

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi
balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David and Gary,

It was more how to identify negative and positive values in the formula.

I hope it's not something really simple and staring me in the face but think
it may be :-)

cheers
--
Deirdre

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.
--

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi
balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do:

=COUNTIF(range,"0")

for positive values, (or you might like to make it "=0"), and:

=COUNTIF(range,"<0")

for negative values.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.
--

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of
help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi
balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and
add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Pete - works lovely
--
Deirdre

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.
--

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a flexi time worksheet that I've put together with lots of
help
from you guys over time and now I'm back asking for more help :-)

I would like to be able to count the number of days where the flexi
balance
has been either positive or negative. Cells are formatted [h]:mm and
add
together balance from previous day to number of hours worked that day.
Version is 2003.

Many thanks once again
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, Deirdre - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

"Diddy" wrote in message
Thank you Pete - works lovely
--
Deirdre

"David Biddulph" wrote:

It sounds as if the questioner wanted COUNTIF, not SUMIF ?
--
David Biddulph

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Use the SumIf( ) function.