Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reference to sheet name in another workbook

I want to link cells a worksheet to cells in a worksheet in another workbook
based on the tab name of the sheet in the other workbook.

I have a master workbook with sheets for each month named Jan2008 Feb2008
etc. I want to compile a summary worksheet for a single month - say Jun2008 -
where I want to extract some of the information (based on various criteria)
from the master workbook sheet for Jun2008. I then want to be able to make a
copy of this summary worksheet where I can simply put a different month in
one cell and it will automatically get the information from the appropriate
different sheet in the master workbook. (Does that make sense?)

I know you can use CELL to get information about the tab name of a sheet
into a cell, but I can't see how you can reference this to a different
workbook.

Grateful for assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for this which points me in the right direction. However, whenever I
try to get INDIRECT to point to a cell in a different workbook I get the
#REF! error. I do have the other workbook open.

I'm using Excel 2000. Does that make a difference.