Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dates to hours

I have two times in my spreadsheet.
I have a job that has a start time that begins at 07:00 and ended the job
3-days later at 23:47.
The real lapsed time is days from start to finish, however I keep getting a
(-) negative, ###### answer.
Does anyone know how to eqaute this into hours, ie: 88:47? (positive hours)

Thanks,
Champ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A1= Earlier date/time
A2= later date/Time
A3 formula =A2-A1
Format A3 as [hh]:mm

Mike

"Champ" wrote:

I have two times in my spreadsheet.
I have a job that has a start time that begins at 07:00 and ended the job
3-days later at 23:47.
The real lapsed time is days from start to finish, however I keep getting a
(-) negative, ###### answer.
Does anyone know how to eqaute this into hours, ie: 88:47? (positive hours)

Thanks,
Champ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike thanks, that does work.
I was trying to keep the format of times only, but doing that never will
define the date, just the times.

Is there a way for the times to look at another set of cells and then
calculate this?

If not, what you gave is just fine.

ex:
IN OUT