EaglesNest

Default Showing Duplicate Rows

Hi All,

I have seen the question with that same title however that is not exactly
"showing" duplicates. It is more showing unique (not duplicate) I would
like to truly show the duplicates.

For instance there are several duplicate product numbers that are in my
sheet and I want to display all the duplicates so that I can make corrections.

IE:
Item number
31323
31324
31325
31326
31326
31327
31328
31328
31329
31330
31331

How can I filter so that excel will only show those rows that have duplicate
Item numbers?

Thanks
Eagle
Jason Morin

This will flag all items (with 1) that have duplicates,
including the original items themselves:

=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,A1)1,1,"")

If you only want flag the duplicates, use:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)1,1,"")

To actually filter, go to Data Filter AutoFilter and
choose 1 in the drop-down for the formula column.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

.

EaglesNest

Maybe I a duh head, but I don't understand what you want me to do, I have a
list of some 3000 items. In that list there are 50 duplicate records, I know
this because the software that I am importing the records into complains
about dup records. I need to find the dups and correct them. I don't know
where they are and the only way I can see doing it is to sort the file by
item number and then "eye-ball" it. Got to be a better way...