Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom numbers

Hello,
In excel I know of customizing number formats by selecting "Formal Cells"
-- "Number" -- ""Custom"

What format should I write under Custom to display a small number as a
bigger number
i.e.
I want to display the number 0.0023 as 23

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't believe this can be done with formatting unless you are willing to
display in scientific notation, in which case the code would be 00E-4.

The standard solution would be to multiply all the number by 10000. You can
do that with a single command - Copy a cell containing 10,000 and select the
range you want to convert and choose Edit, Paste Special, Multiply
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire