Wazooli

Default another for the experts

I have now figured out my VLOOKUP problem, so let me proceed with my troubles.

I have a sheett of data that represents the entire human genome, organized
in ascending order by chromosome. The list is around 9500 rows, and consists
of 9 columns. The first is always going to be my x series (the whole point
of this is to make a dynamic scatter plot), and each subsequent column is a
log2 value, for 1 of 8 individual data sets, which represent my y series. I
know how to keep the x series constant, and choose which y series i want via
a combo box and linked cell, with the help of an offset formula. This works
great for all 9500 data points, and I can graph each column against the x
series no problem. I am, however, running into trouble if I try to implement
a second combo box/linked cell that allows me to choose to graph an
individual chromosome. I realize I need dynamic ranges for this, as the
SERIES formula is essentially uneditable, so any help is appreciated.

wazooli
Ed Ferrero

Hi Wazooli,

Chart Selector at http://edferrero.m6.net/Content/ChartSelector.zip
has what you need. You should be able to adapt it for your purposes easily
enough.

Does the human genome really fit on one spreadsheet ?!!!

Ed Ferrero

"Wazooli" wrote in message
[...]

Wazooli

Lol - it does if it is sampled at 1:1000000. Anyway, I took a look at your
selector. Not quite what I had in mind. Seemse to me I need to assign
dynamic ranges, but I am unsure as to how to do it with what I have.

"Wazooli" wrote in message
[...]

Ed Ferrero

Hi again,

My chart selector example is dynamic, just add rows or columns and it will
grow the ranges to fit.

But if you really want to use dynamic ranges, take a look at
http://edferrero.m6.net/Content/ChartSelector2.zip
In this example i use drop-downs and dynamic ranges with no VBA at all.
The problem here is that the column headings are in a one-row many-column
range and this
needs to be transposed before it can be used in a drop-down list. I have
included formulas
to dynamically transpose a range in the sheet names "ColList". HTH

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/