Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table totals

We just changed to excel 2007 and I seem to have trouble creating a new pivot
table with subtotals. I have a calculated field and I want to subtotal that
field but the number I get is way higher than what it reall should be. Has
anyone run into this before? The total the table cam up with is the 16330 and
it should have totaled to 264.
19 Total 16330.75 264.77

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have "Total" rows in your data file that you're feeding into
your pivot? Maybe these are included in your pivot table
accidentally.

Try drilling into the data (double click on the grand total) and see
if there are any total rows accidentally being included.

On Jun 26, 4:33*pm, sharder wrote:
We just changed to excel 2007 and I seem to have trouble creating a new pivot
table with subtotals. I have a calculated field and I want to subtotal that
field but the number I get is way higher than what it reall should be. Has
anyone run into this before? The total the table cam up with is the 16330 and
it should have totaled to 264.
19 Total * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *16330.75 * * * *264.77

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that btu, I looked and there aren't any total rows. I drilled down
and summed up the data and the sum was the 264. I am stumped, any help is
appreciated. I am going to try and recreate the table to see if it works this
time.
Thanks

"Tim879" wrote:

Do you have "Total" rows in your data file that you're feeding into
your pivot? Maybe these are included in your pivot table
accidentally.

Try drilling into the data (double click on the grand total) and see
if there are any total rows accidentally being included.

On Jun 26, 4:33 pm, sharder wrote:
We just changed to excel 2007 and I seem to have trouble creating a new pivot
table with subtotals. I have a calculated field and I want to subtotal that
field but the number I get is way higher than what it reall should be. Has
anyone run into this before? The total the table cam up with is the 16330 and
it should have totaled to 264.
19 Total 16330.75 264.77

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would be nice to know what caused this but when I created a new table it
seems to work fine. I have seen this before and probably will again unless I
figure out what happened. Thanks