Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Totals in Pivot Table

I am trying to see if you can get the totals for columns to appear right next
to the data they reference. Is this possible? See below.

Hours Dollars
Company A Company B Total Company A Company B Total
Dec 06 8 7 15 100 90
190

instead of
Hours Dollars Hours Total Dollars
Total
Co. A Co.B Co. A Co. B
Dec 06 8 7 100 90 15 190

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a guess your source data is not set up correctly to do that... You
probably have

Company Hours Dollars
A 10 100
B 20 300

Instead of
Company Type Amount
A Hours 10
A Dollars 100
B Hours 20
B Dollars 300

As your data stands it will be an uphill battle to get the data re-organized
as you want it...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rob" wrote:

I am trying to see if you can get the totals for columns to appear right next
to the data they reference. Is this possible? See below.

Hours Dollars
Company A Company B Total Company A Company B Total
Dec 06 8 7 15 100 90
190

instead of
Hours Dollars Hours Total Dollars
Total
Co. A Co.B Co. A Co. B
Dec 06 8 7 100 90 15 190

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Thank you. You are correct, my data is organized as you have it below. Are
you aware if there is a way to re-organize the data from the way I have it to
the way you suggest?

"Rob" wrote:

I am trying to see if you can get the totals for columns to appear right next
to the data they reference. Is this possible? See below.

Hours Dollars
Company A Company B Total Company A Company B Total
Dec 06 8 7 15 100 90
190

instead of
Hours Dollars Hours Total Dollars
Total
Co. A Co.B Co. A Co. B
Dec 06 8 7 100 90 15 190

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If this is a one shot deal then this can be done manually in just a couple of
minutes... Othewise you could create a macro to make the necessary copies of
the data... Or if your data is coming out of a databse then you could
re-write the query that extracts the data...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Rob" wrote:

I am trying to see if you can get the totals for columns to appear right next
to the data they reference. Is this possible? See below.

Hours Dollars
Company A Company B Total Company A Company B Total
Dec 06 8 7 15 100 90
190

instead of
Hours Dollars Hours Total Dollars
Total
Co. A Co.B Co. A Co. B
Dec 06 8 7 100 90 15 190

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could create a second pivot table, based on the first one. In one
pivot table, show the Hours, and in the other show the Dollars.

"Rob" wrote:

I am trying to see if you can get the totals for columns to appear right next
to the data they reference. Is this possible? See below.

Hours Dollars
Company A Company B Total Company A Company B Total
Dec 06 8 7 15 100 90
190

instead of
Hours Dollars Hours Total Dollars
Total
Co. A Co.B Co. A Co. B
Dec 06 8 7 100 90 15 190

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your pivot table select the company header then on the pivot table toolbar
select pivot table formulas calculated item, select the company field and
then create a formula adding A+B.
Gary