Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro shared work book

Can You make a macro work in a shared work book.
The macro maybe run once every couple of weeks only when one person is in
the work . Is this possible?? When I try to run a macro it tells me run error
and says can not do in shared work book. Any suggestions?? I know that
sharing work books can have it's draw backs but there is a great need to do
so and the odds of more than one person being in it at the same time is low
but can happen.
--
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Macros can work in shared workbooks.

The real problem is that not everything the macro does can be done in a shared
workbook. So you may want to post the line(s) that fail. Maybe there's a
workaround.

Brian wrote:

Can You make a macro work in a shared work book.
The macro maybe run once every couple of weeks only when one person is in
the work . Is this possible?? When I try to run a macro it tells me run error
and says can not do in shared work book. Any suggestions?? I know that
sharing work books can have it's draw backs but there is a great need to do
so and the odds of more than one person being in it at the same time is low
but can happen.
--
Brian

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

when changing the work book to shared the the message box that first comes up
is ! this workbook cotains macros recored or written in visual basic. Macros
cannot be viewed or edited in shared workbooks. When trying to run the macro
it comes up with a message box run time error code 1004 . Macro can not run
in shared work book . I have checked the security settings . They are at low
and trusted all ad ons and macros. The macros have been created before the
work book was shared so that was eliminated from the problem . Any ideas ?? I
have given full control to all of the users also .
Brian