Rick

Default Dollar and date format

I have 2 questions related to formatting information that I have imported:

1)If I have a column that contains amounts such as 0000000427.99 and I want
to remove the decimal but keep the trailing cents, what is the best way to do
that for a whole column? example: 000000042799

2) I also have a date that has been imported as 3/9/2005 and I need to
remove the "/"'s and have the month and date format with zeros if needed such
as 03092005, what is the best way to accomplish this on a column.

Thank you,

Rick

Rick

I tried the multiply by 100, It works except I can't seem to figure out how
to apply a formula automatically to a column when the data is already there.

Solution 2 worked perfectly! - Thanks

"Rick" wrote:

I have 2 questions related to formatting information that I have imported:

1)If I have a column that contains amounts such as 0000000427.99 and I want
to remove the decimal but keep the trailing cents, what is the best way to do
that for a whole column? example: 000000042799

2) I also have a date that has been imported as 3/9/2005 and I need to
remove the "/"'s and have the month and date format with zeros if needed such
as 03092005, what is the best way to accomplish this on a column.

Thank you,

Rick

Ramakrishnan Rajamani

What data do you have in the cells?

a. Hardcoded values
b. Existing formulae

"Rick" wrote:

I have 2 questions related to formatting information that I have imported:

1)If I have a column that contains amounts such as 0000000427.99 and I want
to remove the decimal but keep the trailing cents, what is the best way to do
that for a whole column? example: 000000042799

2) I also have a date that has been imported as 3/9/2005 and I need to
remove the "/"'s and have the month and date format with zeros if needed such
as 03092005, what is the best way to accomplish this on a column.

Thank you,

Rick

Rick

When imported, they look like:
$31,504.68
$1,709.59
$22,338.40
$582.50
$951.50

I need to have 12 digits total and include the last 2 digits as cents
without the decimal and dollar sign. Example $31,504.68 = 000003150468 I
want to automate a column of these numbers using a macro.

Rick