Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default opening a file from windows explorer or the desktop, etc.

If I open a file with menu/file/open... files open fine. Otherwise excel
starts but the file will not open. The file has Ignore other applications
UNchecked. I have also tried the "excel.exe /unregserver" and "excel.exe
/regserver" run commands. The qwerky thing about it is if I start the open
dialog and cancel, the file opens. Or if I even to Help/About and close the
about dialog, the file opens.

Please help, I have been trying to fix this for days... it is very
annoying/akward to use.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Version 2007?

Not yet fixed.