Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookups

I have a list of 600 customer numbers that I am trying to compare to a list
of 6000 customer numbers to see if there are any matches.

I can not seem to create a lookup that calls out the location of the matches
in the list of 6000 from the list of 600.
--
RkB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 23 Jun, 16:52, RkB2008 wrote:
I have a list of 600 customer numbers that I am trying to compare to a list
of 6000 customer numbers to see if there are any matches.

I can not seem to create a lookup that calls out the location of the matches
in the list of 6000 from the list of 600.
--
RkB

To see if there are matches, you can use the COUNTIF function. If you
want the actual location of the match, you could use the MATCH
function, possibly in combination with INDEX. It really depends on
the exact structure of the lists, and what information needs to be
returned. Let me know if you want to know more about this, or can
give more detail.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks this was a big help. I have two sheets of account numbers and for
whatever reason the Countif returned a lot of false positives for one of the
sheets.

The formula is pretty straight forward, create absolute range to search,
insert comma and relative location of number to be checked.
--
RkB