Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ajayb

Default Max and lookups

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
73 120 98 56 45 89 84
108 110 73 130 98 56 45
89 84 108 93 73 120 98

I have the following table of data and I want to look in each row to find
the highest value (which I would do with Max I guess), then return the number
at the top of the column for that number.

Eg Row 2 highest number 120 value in top row 3
Row 3 Highest number 130 value in top row 5

Have tried Lookups but not having much success. Any ideas would be
gratefully appreciated.

Andy