Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a write-multi-cell-at-once function in VBS for Excel?

As well known I can write into an Excel cell a certain value with in a VBS script with e.g.

objWorksheet.Cells(2, 5).Value = 55

Can I write the value 55 into multiple cells at once?
Imagine I want to write in all cells 2,5 .... 2,37 the value 55.
Do I really have to iterate through all cells individually or is there a function like

objWorksheet.multiCells((2,5),(2,37)).Value = 55

?

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

No iteration is needed:

Sub tony()
Set objWorksheet = ActiveSheet
objWorksheet.Range(Cells(2, 5), Cells(2, 37)).Value = 55
End Sub

You only need a loop if you want individual values in individual cells, and
by using arrays properly, maybe not even then.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j

"Tony Bansten" wrote:

As well known I can write into an Excel cell a certain value with in a VBS script with e.g.

objWorksheet.Cells(2, 5).Value = 55

Can I write the value 55 into multiple cells at once?
Imagine I want to write in all cells 2,5 .... 2,37 the value 55.
Do I really have to iterate through all cells individually or is there a function like

objWorksheet.multiCells((2,5),(2,37)).Value = 55

?

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's probably better to fully qualify those ranges in case objWorksheet isn't
the activesheet.

with objWorksheet
.Range(.Cells(2, 5), .Cells(2, 37)).Value = 55
end with

or

objWorksheet.Range("E2").resize(1,33).Value = 55

"Tony Bansten" wrote:

As well known I can write into an Excel cell a certain value with in a VBS script with e.g.

objWorksheet.Cells(2, 5).Value = 55

Can I write the value 55 into multiple cells at once?
Imagine I want to write in all cells 2,5 .... 2,37 the value 55.
Do I really have to iterate through all cells individually or is there a function like

objWorksheet.multiCells((2,5),(2,37)).Value = 55

?

Tony

--

Dave Peterson