Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I use formulae to display a specific picture in a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need event code to display an image based upon a value in a cell.

Note that images float on top of cells........not in the cells.

Have a look at these couple of solutions.

Note: in both cases the jpgs must be stored on the same worksheet you are
calling from.

To have a picture show up when you select an item from a DV list or type in a
name see JE MCGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

As written John's code allows for only one picture to be displayed.

Got to Debra Dalgeish's site for a sample workbook from Bernie Dietrick for
adding pictures to selections.

Alows for more than one picture to be displayed based upon a value.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

DV0049 - ClipArt Selection

Edit the code to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:02:12 -0700, Tricia