Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating year to date...

Please help...I'm not a savy user of Excel 2003, so please give it to me in
"english". I've compiled spread sheets for each week, there are colums w/
revenue, hours etc., rows are for each day of the week, each sheet is for
each week. My boss wants "year to date" at the end of every "weekly sheet".
I need year to date on hours, and year to date on revenue, then I need a
formula that will take the revenue divided by the hours, which will give the
hourly rate, but i need this year to date also. Each week is
subtotalled...but he wants year to date done after subtotals for each week.
Please help...I've spent hours trying to figure this out! Yikes! Thanks for
the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, So, YTD for sheet 1 is just the total of sheet 1, since that would be 1st
week of the month. Then on sheet 2, do =(sheet1 YTD + sheet 2 weekly)/2.
Sheet 3 would be (sheet 2 YTD + sheet 3 weekly)/3, etc.

You would place these formulas directly below each week's weekly totals, so
revenue under revenue, hours under hours. Then in the hourly rate is simply
YTD revenue/YTD hours.

A bit time consuming to type in, but once it's done, you don't have to do it
again.

"Christine" wrote:

Please help...I'm not a savy user of Excel 2003, so please give it to me in
"english". I've compiled spread sheets for each week, there are colums w/
revenue, hours etc., rows are for each day of the week, each sheet is for
each week. My boss wants "year to date" at the end of every "weekly sheet".
I need year to date on hours, and year to date on revenue, then I need a
formula that will take the revenue divided by the hours, which will give the
hourly rate, but i need this year to date also. Each week is
subtotalled...but he wants year to date done after subtotals for each week.
Please help...I've spent hours trying to figure this out! Yikes! Thanks for
the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula would depend on where the data is. So, for example...

Let's assume our first sheet is named Sheet 1 and has week 1 info.. Let's
Say cell A8 has weekly revenue, B8 has hours and C8 has rate

In cell A 10 enter =A8
In cell B 10 enter =B8
In cell C 10 enter =A10/B10

On sheet 2, let's assume all of the values are in the same cell #'s.

In cell A 10 enter =Sheet1!A10+A8
In cell B 10 enter =Sheet1!B10+B8
In cell C 10 enter =A10/B10

On sheet 3, substitue Sheet2 for Sheet1.

Of course, your sheets may have different names or tables may be in
different places. just type = then use your mouse and click on the value you
want, then type in the + or / and select the other value you want. Let Ecel
do the heavy lifting...

"Christine" wrote:

Please help...I'm not a savy user of Excel 2003, so please give it to me in
"english". I've compiled spread sheets for each week, there are colums w/
revenue, hours etc., rows are for each day of the week, each sheet is for
each week. My boss wants "year to date" at the end of every "weekly sheet".
I need year to date on hours, and year to date on revenue, then I need a
formula that will take the revenue divided by the hours, which will give the
hourly rate, but i need this year to date also. Each week is
subtotalled...but he wants year to date done after subtotals for each week.
Please help...I've spent hours trying to figure this out! Yikes! Thanks for
the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Christine,

You can certainly send me what you have and I would be happy to try to get
you started. Cannot promise anything, but worth a try.

"Christine" wrote:

Please help...I'm not a savy user of Excel 2003, so please give it to me in
"english". I've compiled spread sheets for each week, there are colums w/
revenue, hours etc., rows are for each day of the week, each sheet is for
each week. My boss wants "year to date" at the end of every "weekly sheet".
I need year to date on hours, and year to date on revenue, then I need a
formula that will take the revenue divided by the hours, which will give the
hourly rate, but i need this year to date also. Each week is
subtotalled...but he wants year to date done after subtotals for each week.
Please help...I've spent hours trying to figure this out! Yikes! Thanks for
the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That would be great MLewis! Where could I send it to? I've been working at
this what seems like forever, and I'm about ready to pull out my hair.
Please help :(
--
Thanks a bunch!

"Christine" wrote:

Please help...I'm not a savy user of Excel 2003, so please give it to me in
"english". I've compiled spread sheets for each week, there are colums w/
revenue, hours etc., rows are for each day of the week, each sheet is for
each week. My boss wants "year to date" at the end of every "weekly sheet".
I need year to date on hours, and year to date on revenue, then I need a
formula that will take the revenue divided by the hours, which will give the
hourly rate, but i need this year to date also. Each week is
subtotalled...but he wants year to date done after subtotals for each week.
Please help...I've spent hours trying to figure this out! Yikes! Thanks for
the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Christine,

Go ahead and send what you have to . In addition, please
try to be as specific as you can in regards to what you want. If you have
any confidential data, I suggest removing it, adding in fake information.
Once I send it back to you, you will be able to enter your data. Please
include your e-mail so we can communicate if needed.

Cheers!