Trish35

Default How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which
this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we
can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets
Phil Osman

Not being funny here, but have you contacted the ex-employee and asked them?

I'm not aware of any way around the password sadly.

"Trish35" wrote:

We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which
this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we
can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets

Phil Osman

I wish you could edit posts in here...........anyway:
Assuming you can get into the file, and only the sheets are protected:
Highlight the whole sheet using CTRL+A, open a new Excel file and paste
everything in.

"Trish35" wrote:

We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which
this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we
can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets

Bob Phillips

If you mean workbook or worksheet passwords, check out check out
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for information.

If you mean file passwords, I think you will need to buy a password cracker.

--

HTH

RP

"Trish35" wrote in message
We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which
this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we
can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets

JE McGimpsey

For about US$40, there are services that will remove a file password in
3 minutes or less. See:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

In article ,
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you mean file passwords, I think you will need to buy a password cracker.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't k

Be very very careful with free ones!
Lets say: Nothing comes cheap, especially free things.
Most of the time, free tools for this kind of thing, contain Spyware or worse.

Mark