Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link between a cell and a cell on another worksheet

Hi,

I have an excel file made by someone else (who is not available right now).
When I double click on a specific cell from worksheet1 it brings me to
worksheet2 at a specific cell. I know that I can create a hyperlink. However
I don't think that a hyperlink was used to create this link since when I pass
over the cell from worksheet1 I do not see the handle (white hand) that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Also I do not see the underlined link that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Any comment on how to create this type of
link is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Pablo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pablo,

There is VBA programming "Event" code built into each sheet in a workbook.
The Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick event sub is one of these events.
You can right-click the sheet tab and select View Code to see the module
that would or does contain the code.
The code is executed any time a cell is double-clicked on that worksheet.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Pablo"
wrote in message
Hi,
I have an excel file made by someone else (who is not available right now).
When I double click on a specific cell from worksheet1 it brings me to
worksheet2 at a specific cell. I know that I can create a hyperlink. However
I don't think that a hyperlink was used to create this link since when I pass
over the cell from worksheet1 I do not see the handle (white hand) that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Also I do not see the underlined link that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Any comment on how to create this type of
link is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Pablo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have ToolsOptionsEdit "edit directly in cell" unchecked, a double-click
on a cell with a formula referencing another cell will jump you to the
referenced cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:56:01 -0700, Pablo
wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel file made by someone else (who is not available right now).
When I double click on a specific cell from worksheet1 it brings me to
worksheet2 at a specific cell. I know that I can create a hyperlink. However
I don't think that a hyperlink was used to create this link since when I pass
over the cell from worksheet1 I do not see the handle (white hand) that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Also I do not see the underlined link that
usually appears for a hyperlink. Any comment on how to create this type of
link is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a good day.

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,
Nice to know, thanks.