Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Creating weekly summaries

I have a workbook with 4 sheets used to track sales. On sheet 1 we enter the
sales information. Sheet 2 is used to summarize the sales daily, sheet 3 for
weekly and sheet 4 monthly. Daily summaries are pretty simple. I can use
SUMIF and COUNTIF to count the number of sales for the day, and total them
up. The weekly summaries seem to be a little more tricky for me. I can use
column A for the first day of the week and column B for the last day of the
week, but I could use a little help with the formulas to count and total the
sales for the week. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why don't you add a column to your data which is the week number (using
WEEKNUM function). Then subtotal on that.

Also, check into Pivot Tables. They are a much simpler and more powerful way
of summarizing your data than the ...IF functions.

Regards,
Fred.