Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nav Nav is offline

Default Working with multiple sheets

Hello

I am holding shift (or Ctrl) and adding data to the cells in all the sheets.
However the page does not appear to move on the other sheets although the
data has been input.

Eg. all sheets when viewed start at Col A Row 1. I add data to col Z row 1
( the sheet I am working on now shows Col Z as the first col when viewed),
however when viewing the other sheets they still start at Col A (although the
data added is in the correct col/row).

Is there a way that the cell selection for all the sheets can be done -
hence it actually moves with the sheet you are working on?

Any ideas appreciated and thank you in advance.

Regards, Nav
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nav Nav is offline

Sorry - is there a way that it just follows the scrolling undertaken on the
first sheet instead of having to go into the macor and change the reference
all the time.

Thank you again.

"Nav" wrote:

Tthis does the trick - I thought there would have been another way without VBA.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try

Sub gotoselections()
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
MsgBox sh.Name
Application.Goto sh.Range("k1") ', scroll:=True
Next
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Nav" wrote in message
Hello

I am holding shift (or Ctrl) and adding data to the cells in all the
sheets.
However the page does not appear to move on the other sheets although the
data has been input.

Eg. all sheets when viewed start at Col A Row 1. I add data to col Z row
1
( the sheet I am working on now shows Col Z as the first col when viewed),
however when viewing the other sheets they still start at Col A (although
the
data added is in the correct col/row).

Is there a way that the cell selection for all the sheets can be done -
hence it actually moves with the sheet you are working on?

Any ideas appreciated and thank you in advance.

Regards, Nav

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nav Nav is offline

Sorry if it is not clear. But as I am entering data in the main sheet with
other sheets selected (by holding down CTRL) I am not sure of which cell I
will end in (as it depends on the amount of data that requires entry). Hence
is there a way that the other sheets will move to the correct cell too
without having to amend this in the macro.

ie. the sheet I am working on may start from coll AA to AN, whereas the
other sheets still remain on Col A currently - but I would like them to also
start from AA to AN when I select the sheet upon completion of entering the
data.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

follows the scrolling ???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Nav" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try it this way with the line below at the top of the module

Public mc

Sub gotoselections()
mc = ActiveCell.Column
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Windows(1).SelectedSheets
MsgBox sh.Name
MsgBox mc
Application.Goto sh.Cells(1, mc) ', scroll:=True
Next

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Nav" wrote in message
Sorry if it is not clear. But as I am entering data in the main sheet
with
other sheets selected (by holding down CTRL) I am not sure of which cell
will end in (as it depends on the amount of data that requires entry).
Hence
is there a way that the other sheets will move to the correct cell too
without having to amend this in the macro.

ie. the sheet I am working on may start from coll AA to AN, whereas the
other sheets still remain on Col A currently - but I would like them to
also
start from AA to AN when I select the sheet upon completion of entering
the
data.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

follows the scrolling ???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Nav" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nav Nav is offline

Thank you - this works a lot better.

"Nav" wrote in message
Sorry if it is not clear. But as I am entering data in the main sheet
with
other sheets selected (by holding down CTRL) I am not sure of which cell
will end in (as it depends on the amount of data that requires entry).
Hence
is there a way that the other sheets will move to the correct cell too
without having to amend this in the macro.

ie. the sheet I am working on may start from coll AA to AN, whereas the
other sheets still remain on Col A currently - but I would like them to
also
start from AA to AN when I select the sheet upon completion of entering
the
data.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

follows the scrolling ???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Nav" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad it helped

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Nav" wrote in message
Sorry if it is not clear. But as I am entering data in the main sheet
with
other sheets selected (by holding down CTRL) I am not sure of which
cell
will end in (as it depends on the amount of data that requires entry).
Hence
is there a way that the other sheets will move to the correct cell too
without having to amend this in the macro.

ie. the sheet I am working on may start from coll AA to AN, whereas the
other sheets still remain on Col A currently - but I would like them to
also
start from AA to AN when I select the sheet upon completion of entering
the
data.

I hope this is a little clearer.

Thank you.