Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting/Formulas

I want to be able to have my cells highlighted yellow until I place
information into them. I have done it before but can't rember what function
to use.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formatconditional formattingformula is

=A2=""

click format button and pattern, select yellow and click OK twice

replace A2 with the first cell of a selected range for instance if you want
this to
happen in C2:C100, select that range and use

=C2=""

with C2 as the active cell

Peo Sjoblom

"aloken" wrote in message
I want to be able to have my cells highlighted yellow until I place
information into them. I have done it before but can't rember what
function
to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells to format and click FORMAT in the menu and select
CONDITIONAL FORMATTING.

In the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING dialog box, change CONDITION 1 to FORMULA IS
and in the text box to the right enter the following formula, changing the A1
in the example to the starting cell of your selected range:

=ISBLANK(A1)

Or if you want to treat any errant spacebar entry as a blank cell

=LEN(TRIM(A1))=0

Click the FORMAT command button, select the PATTERNS tab and select the
color you want and click OK 2 times to exit.

--
Kevin Backmann