Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Formatting/Formulas

Select the cells to format and click FORMAT in the menu and select
CONDITIONAL FORMATTING.

In the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING dialog box, change CONDITION 1 to FORMULA IS
and in the text box to the right enter the following formula, changing the A1
in the example to the starting cell of your selected range:

=ISBLANK(A1)

Or if you want to treat any errant spacebar entry as a blank cell

=LEN(TRIM(A1))=0

Click the FORMAT command button, select the PATTERNS tab and select the
color you want and click OK 2 times to exit.

--
Kevin Backmann

"aloken" wrote:

I want to be able to have my cells highlighted yellow until I place
information into them. I have done it before but can't rember what function
to use.