Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formating on dates

Hello,

I have to track expiry dates in a datasheet. Actually, I'd like the expiry
date field to change color 30 days prior to the expiry date written in the
field. Let's say the expiry date is oct 24 2008, I want the field to change
color on sept 25 2008. The date format chosen is 24-oct-08, does it matter?

Thanks!

--
Margot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Margot,

Expiry date in B1.
In C1: =B1-30

Select your date(s)
FormatConditional Formatting
Select Cell value is, next box select greater than, next box click C1, so you get =$C$1, click Format, select a color and click OK
and once more.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Margotbf" wrote in message ...
| Hello,
|
| I have to track expiry dates in a datasheet. Actually, I'd like the expiry
| date field to change color 30 days prior to the expiry date written in the
| field. Let's say the expiry date is oct 24 2008, I want the field to change
| color on sept 25 2008. The date format chosen is 24-oct-08, does it matter?
|
| Thanks!
|
| --
| Margot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And G1 stands for?

--
Margot

"Joel" wrote:

try this

=(G1-TODAY()<30)

"Margotbf" wrote:

Hello,

I have to track expiry dates in a datasheet. Actually, I'd like the expiry
date field to change color 30 days prior to the expiry date written in the
field. Let's say the expiry date is oct 24 2008, I want the field to change
color on sept 25 2008. The date format chosen is 24-oct-08, does it matter?

Thanks!

--
Margot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

G1 is the cell with the conditional formating.

"Margotbf" wrote:

And G1 stands for?

--
Margot

"Joel" wrote:

try this

=(G1-TODAY()<30)

"Margotbf" wrote:

Hello,

I have to track expiry dates in a datasheet. Actually, I'd like the expiry
date field to change color 30 days prior to the expiry date written in the
field. Let's say the expiry date is oct 24 2008, I want the field to change
color on sept 25 2008. The date format chosen is 24-oct-08, does it matter?

Thanks!

--
Margot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If you have the dates in column A starting with row1, then you can use
following logic in conditional formatting:-
=IF(A1-NOW()<=30,"True","False")
--
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)