Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Listing values that meet a criteria.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a list from a worksheet i've made but am unsure how to
go about it. The worksheet has a table that gives a rating for different
safety issues from a drop down menu (n/a, 1,2,3,4, & 5). I need to be able
to list all the ratings that are a certain value Ie. List all the items that
have a rating of 3-5 or only the ones that show "n/a" on a different sheet so
the user will be able to comment on them separatly. The ratings for the
items in the table will differ each time a user uses the document. Any help
will be appreciated. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use AutoFilter. You can make it display only those rows that meet criteria.
You can even copy/paste them elsewhere. See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200789

"jenna mul" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a list from a worksheet i've made but am unsure how to
go about it. The worksheet has a table that gives a rating for different
safety issues from a drop down menu (n/a, 1,2,3,4, & 5). I need to be able
to list all the ratings that are a certain value Ie. List all the items that
have a rating of 3-5 or only the ones that show "n/a" on a different sheet so
the user will be able to comment on them separatly. The ratings for the
items in the table will differ each time a user uses the document. Any help
will be appreciated. Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you thought of using autofilter? You can select the filter
criteria (maybe using Custom if you want a range of criteria) and then
you can select the visible rows and copy just those to another sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 28, 10:00*am, jenna mul <jenna
wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a list from a worksheet i've made but am unsure how to
go about it. *The worksheet has a table that gives a rating for different
safety issues from a drop down menu (n/a, 1,2,3,4, & 5). *I need to be able
to list all the ratings that are a certain value Ie. *List all the items that
have a rating of 3-5 or only the ones that show "n/a" on a different sheet so
the user will be able to comment on them separatly. *The ratings for the
items in the table will differ each time a user uses the document. * Any help
will be appreciated. *Thank you *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the suggestion however, I need the document to do this
automatically for the user so as he gave each item a rating - it would appear
automatically in a different page if it was a rating between "1" and "3".