Default How to STOP autofit row height

I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet.

I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size.

Is it possible to disable this "feature?"

CyberTaz

Click the tab for the first sheet, then hold down Shift while you click the
tab for the last sheet to select all sheets. Then click the Select All Cells
button (empty gray 'box' where the column heading bar and the Row heading bar
meet). Go to FormatRowHeight and type whatever value you want to use for
row height. You can also drag any Row Separator while you have the cells
selected instead of using the menu to specify a height value.

HTH |:)

"J" wrote:

I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet.

I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size.

Is it possible to disable this "feature?"

Thank you for your response.

To be clearer:

I have a notebook with 5 duplicate pages.

The row heights are all appropriately set for current contents.

All rows are not the same height.

Some of the cells do wrap text.

When I enter new data I do NOT want the height to change.

I want to be able to adjust the font size to fit the current height/width.

Any global setting to stop autofit?

"J" wrote:

I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet.

I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size.

Is it possible to disable this "feature?"

Dave Peterson

I'm not sure that there's a global way to do this.

But if you change the rowheight manually, excel won't automatically adjust it.

Maybe you could run a little macro that "adjusts" the rowheight--but not a
noticeable amount:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim myRow As Range
Dim myHeight As Double

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wks
For Each myRow In .UsedRange.Rows
With myRow
.RowHeight = .RowHeight + 0.01
End With
Next myRow
End With
Next wks

"J" wrote:

I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet.

I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size.

Is it possible to disable this "feature?"

Dave Peterson

Monday March 28

Thank you for this bit.

I recently moved this spreadsheet from Quattro Pro to Excel and yet to have setup the row height and column width "macros."

I will need to clarify how the height/width is determined in Excel and how the units translate from the spreadsheet to the VBA
units.

In Quattro Pro I had the column width units in a row at the bottom of the sheet and the row heights in a column at the right. The
macro starts in the first width column reads the value and uses it to set the width, and then moves to the right. And then it does
the same for the heights.

And so on.

Thank you for the script below it will be helpful.

And then when XL changes such the macro will set it "straight."

"J" wrote:

I have a notebook that I want to have all row heights set from sheet to sheet.

I do NOT want autofit to adjust row size.

Is it possible to disable this "feature?"

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you look at RowHeight and ColumnWidth in VBA's help, you'll see what they're
based on (and it's different!).

If you select a cell/row, you can choose:
format|row|height and see the current setting.
(same with columnwidth.)

--

Dave Peterson