Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fixed 'Find' or 'Look up'? cell - is it possible?

I have a spreadsheet shared by several people for looking up project data.

I would like to create a fixed cell at the top to enter the project name or
as much as they know. Probably labeled in an adjacent cell.

It wouldn't need to replace data otherwise normal find is okay.

Projects are added and removed so it may not
be practical to select the excact names to put in a list.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on the layout of the data, you might be able to adapt Roger
Govier's Fast Filter sample file. Users could the * or ? wildcards with
a text string to find a project in a list:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0020 - Fast Filter'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd like it to function just like find by highliting and taking you to the
row. But in a fixed way so they don't have to use find/replace. Just trying
to make it as easy as possible for everyone.