Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Earl is offline

Default Fixed 'Find' or 'Look up'? cell - is it possible?

I couldn't fiqure anything out so far. I'll give it more thought. I's like to
stay in excel but someone suggested access.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Depending on the layout of the data, you might be able to adapt Roger
Govier's Fast Filter sample file. Users could the * or ? wildcards with
a text string to find a project in a list:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0020 - Fast Filter'

Earl wrote:
I have a spreadsheet shared by several people for looking up project data.

I would like to create a fixed cell at the top to enter the project name or
as much as they know. Probably labeled in an adjacent cell.

It wouldn't need to replace data otherwise normal find is okay.

Projects are added and removed so it may not
be practical to select the excact names to put in a list.

TIA

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures