Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reading email

I need to read a email but I dont have excel. Ive got win XP home edtn, with
ms office and word but no excel. Is there any way that I can read the email
without having to buy excel as I cant afford it.
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I didn't know you could have Office without Excel??
Anyway, you can do a google search for Excel Viewer,
which will allow you to view the file and print it.

You can also go to openoffice.org and download a free
program that will not only let you view the file but will give
you some editing capabilities as well.

Although the first thing I would do is look closer at your
program files, if you have Office installed Excel should be
in there somewhere.

HTH
Martin

"geedubb" wrote in message
I need to read a email but I dont have excel. Ive got win XP home edtn,
with
ms office and word but no excel. Is there any way that I can read the
email
without having to buy excel as I cant afford it.
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree, Excel is a basic component of all versions of MS Office. BUT it is
possible that the option to install it may have been unchecked when the
installation was done. (Could also be that the person has Works installed
instead of Office - some of the versions of Works include Word, but retain
different spreadsheet tool).

If it's truly Office, should be able to start the installation process from
the CD/DVD and choose to add Office components. I personally always do a
full install with everything set to run from the machine.

"geedubb" wrote in message
I need to read a email but I dont have excel. Ive got win XP home edtn,
with
ms office and word but no excel. Is there any way that I can read the
email
without having to buy excel as I cant afford it.
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

geedubb wrote:
I need to read a email but I dont have excel. Ive got win XP home edtn, with
ms office and word but no excel. Is there any way that I can read the email
without having to buy excel as I cant afford it.
Cheers

You don't use Excel to read an e-mail. Outlook, Outlook Express,
Thunderbird or other e-mail programs should suffice.

Bill