Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zen Zen is offline

Default copying row to row

If I refer A1 in B1 and then copy B1 to B2. In this case B2 will be reading
A2 which is obvious. As i further copy B2 to lower rows it will continue the
same way. Where the column is same but the rows are progessive. My question
is that is thr any way I can copy cells down the rows making columns as
progressive?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Zen

Try the offset function with the second offset argument (column
offset) equal to =row(). For example if you want formulas in column
B, starting in row 2 to match row 1 starting in column A you would
need to use:

=OFFSET($A$1,0,ROW())

which as you copy it down, would reference cells moving to the right.

You may need to adjust slightly depending on your starting points.

Alternatively, you could use an array function, =TRANSPOSE(...) where
the cells in the column equal the TRANSPOSE of the horizontal stuff.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va