Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Possible to create a customize Pivot Table Template?

MS Excel 2003 - Is it possible to create a customized privot table to use on
a different set of Excel workbooks? I created a pivot table in one workbook
but I need to use the exact same table layout (headers, sums, etc.) in about
10 other Excel workbooks. Is there a way to copy this so I don't have to
keep re-creating the pivot table. Each of my other workbooks contain the
exact same formatting and headers as my first one. They are all exactly the
same format, only the data is different.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save a copy of the template file, delete any source data but leave the header
row, paste in data from another sheet and refresh the pivot table, save as
and name the sheet. This will only work if you have identical columns. Also
keep in mind that if you chose a range (say A1 to A20) for the data source
and the new data is more than 20 rows it will cut it off. To fix this, change
your data source to include the entire column (A:A).
--
-John
is helpful.

"duketter" wrote:

MS Excel 2003 - Is it possible to create a customized privot table to use on
a different set of Excel workbooks? I created a pivot table in one workbook
but I need to use the exact same table layout (headers, sums, etc.) in about
10 other Excel workbooks. Is there a way to copy this so I don't have to
keep re-creating the pivot table. Each of my other workbooks contain the
exact same formatting and headers as my first one. They are all exactly the
same format, only the data is different.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply. So there is really no other way to save it as a
template and then choose the template in the new workbook? Instead of
deleting source data and re-using the pivot table. I can't delete the source
data as I need it for future references. However I guess I could just rename
the workbook but thought there was a better way.