Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Disabling formula

i am creating a termly spreadsheet to calculate children,s point score. If a
child joins us during the spring term I want it's score to be included in
that term but not in the earlier autumn term. I want therefore to disable the
formula in the autumn term calculation but let the remaining formula WORK. I
DON'T WANT TO PASTE THE VALUE OVER THE TOP BECAUSE I will need the formula to
work again next year as this is a running record... eek any help would be
very much appreciated... smile
Melanie oops sorry about the misplaced capitals!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Melanie

Could you wrap your formula in an IF and use the start date of the child,
e.g.

=IF(StartDateOfChildEndOfAutumnTerm,JustTakeSprin gCalc,TakeSumOfSpringAndAutumn)

You would code the end of autumn term in another cell so you could just
update this next year.

Does that make sense?

--
HTH