Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vacation accrual Spreadsheet

I am working on a spread sheet for my Company. I have looked at many examples
but I am still not finding what I need with the specific perimeters involved.
the facts:
PDO accrual rate increases every employee anniversary.
PDO accrues every weekly pay period worked.
PDO accrues after 90 days of employment.
PDO max accrual is 120 hours.

PDO incremental rate accrual as follows:
1st year----2.0 hrs per pay period
after first year-----2.15
after second yr----2.3
after third year----2.46
after fourth year--2.61
after fifth year-----2.76
after sixth year----2.92
after seventh yr---3.07
after eigth yr------3.23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,
Thanks for the formula. I copied it into a spreadsheet but im not sure how
the cells should be set up to read to get the result.
if I could impose upon you good nature....thanks

"TimBeau" wrote in message
I am working on a spread sheet for my Company. I have looked at many
examples
but I am still not finding what I need with the specific perimeters
involved.
the facts:
PDO accrual rate increases every employee anniversary.
PDO accrues every weekly pay period worked.
PDO accrues after 90 days of employment.
PDO max accrual is 120 hours.

PDO incremental rate accrual as follows:
1st year----2.0 hrs per pay period
after first year-----2.15
after second yr----2.3
after third year----2.46
after fourth year--2.61
after fifth year-----2.76
after sixth year----2.92
after seventh yr---3.07
after eigth yr------3.23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tim,

In my tests, I just set the employee's start date in D5, and then plugged in
that formula.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(TODAY()-D5<90,0,MIN(120,DATEDIF(D5,TODAY(),"M")*CHOOSE(SUM PRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(D5,TODAY(),"M"){0;1;2;3}*12)),2,2.15,2.3 ,2.46,2.61,2.76,2.92,3.07,3.23)))

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"TimBeau" wrote in message
I am working on a spread sheet for my Company. I have looked at many
examples
but I am still not finding what I need with the specific perimeters
involved.
the facts:
PDO accrual rate increases every employee anniversary.
PDO accrues every weekly pay period worked.
PDO accrues after 90 days of employment.
PDO max accrual is 120 hours.

PDO incremental rate accrual as follows:
1st year----2.0 hrs per pay period
after first year-----2.15
after second yr----2.3
after third year----2.46
after fourth year--2.61
after fifth year-----2.76
after sixth year----2.92
after seventh yr---3.07
after eigth yr------3.23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/wir...NA&output=html

Here is a link to see the shet in google docs. I inserted your formula it
doenst work in google. And in Excel it shows 120 instead of how many days or
hours are accumulated through a certain date.