Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I change the default cell selection highlight colour

When you select a range of cells in Excel, they are highlighted in light
grey. Can I change this colour? I have Office 2007 SP1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a Windows thing. Right click you desktop and open the diaolg to
change screen setting. You want Windows Appearance I believe. Just remenber
the current setting (write them down) and then experiment
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ozzy" wrote in message
When you select a range of cells in Excel, they are highlighted in light
grey. Can I change this colour? I have Office 2007 SP1

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bernard

Thanks for your quick reply, I didn't think of looking in there. I've had a
play with the settings and I can only find a setting for changing the colour
of selected text in word / outlook etc , nothing seems to make a difference
to the colour of selected cells in Excel. I'm pretty sure I've checked every
setting, From the properties panel I selected the Appearance tab, then the
Advanced button, then I experimented with all the items in the "Item" list.
I haven't found one that makes any difference to the cell highlight colour of
selected cells. Is there anything else I could try?

Regards

Oliver