Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivottable

Hi all,
I would like to create a pivot table on the following data:

Name Name Year Marks Grade Desc
B1 amy 2006 30 3 Fair
B1 amy 2007 50 2 Good
B2 ben 2006 90 1 Excellent
B2 ben 2007 55 2 Good

The outcome I need from the pivottableis:

2006 2007
Marks Grade Desc Marks Grade Desc
B1 amy 30 3 Fair 50 2 Good
B2 ben 90 1 Excellent 55 2 Good

I must have created and deleted pivot tables at least 50 times since
yesterday with no luck. Anybody knows how to achieve this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Put Number (B1) in the Row area, Name in the Row area, Year in the Column
area, and all three other fields in the Data area.
2. Turn off all subtotals and grand totals
3. Drag the Data button to the Column area below the Year field.

Now the last issue - displaying the Descriptions, this requires 1. changing
the calculation of the description from count to Average or Max or Min. 2.
Creating a custom format to display the three descriptions.

You can send me an email off line and I will attach a file that does all the
things you are asking. I will do it when I get home this evening.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

" wrote:

Hi all,
I would like to create a pivot table on the following data:

Name Name Year Marks Grade Desc
B1 amy 2006 30 3 Fair
B1 amy 2007 50 2 Good
B2 ben 2006 90 1 Excellent
B2 ben 2007 55 2 Good

The outcome I need from the pivottableis:

2006 2007
Marks Grade Desc Marks Grade Desc
B1 amy 30 3 Fair 50 2 Good
B2 ben 90 1 Excellent 55 2 Good

I must have created and deleted pivot tables at least 50 times since
yesterday with no luck. Anybody knows how to achieve this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. I have e-mailed you my file. However please note that my
e-mail address is no longer valid. My e-mail
address is
.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane,

Would you be able to help with this? I never heard back from you. I
do appreciate your time.

Thanks.