Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Summing Fields 2

Ok, I need to elaborate from my previous e-mail. I have a worksheet that
contains various columns, ex Formula Name, Quantity, Cost ect. I need to add
together the cost per formula name in another cell. Example below

Formula Name Quantity Cost
Apples 1 11.00
Bananas 2 10.00
Apples 50 550.00
Strawberries 15 9.50 So, if I summed
up Apples cost, it would be 561, Bananas would be 10 and Strawberries would
be 9.50. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your formula name is in column A and the cost is in column C. Try
this...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10="Bananas")*(C2:C10))

"kiwiplug6484" wrote in message
Ok, I need to elaborate from my previous e-mail. I have a worksheet that
contains various columns, ex Formula Name, Quantity, Cost ect. I need to
add
together the cost per formula name in another cell. Example below

Formula Name Quantity Cost
Apples 1 11.00
Bananas 2 10.00
Apples 50 550.00
Strawberries 15 9.50 So, if I
summed
up Apples cost, it would be 561, Bananas would be 10 and Strawberries
would
be 9.50. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, that works, but now say I don't want to specify the formula name and I
just want it to calculate based off of that entire column containing like 100
or more formula names... is that possible? Thanks so much!!

"Gaurav" wrote:

Or

=SUMIF(A2:A10,"Apples",C2:C10)

"kiwiplug6484" wrote in message
Ok, I need to elaborate from my previous e-mail. I have a worksheet that
contains various columns, ex Formula Name, Quantity, Cost ect. I need to
add
together the cost per formula name in another cell. Example below

Formula Name Quantity Cost
Apples 1 11.00
Bananas 2 10.00
Apples 50 550.00
Strawberries 15 9.50 So, if I
summed
up Apples cost, it would be 561, Bananas would be 10 and Strawberries
would
be 9.50. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can make a list of unique names. that you can do by using advance
filter. Select the rangego to FilterAdvance Filtercheck Unique Records
Onlycheck Copy to Another LocationChoose Location (for example D2).

Once you have that list in column D starting in D2. in E2 enter the formula

=SUMIF($A$2:$A$1000,D2,$C$2:$C$1000)

Or

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$1000=D2)*($C$2:$C$1000))

and drag it down.

"kiwiplug6484" wrote in message
Ok, that works, but now say I don't want to specify the formula name and I
just want it to calculate based off of that entire column containing like
100
or more formula names... is that possible? Thanks so much!!

"Gaurav" wrote:

Or

=SUMIF(A2:A10,"Apples",C2:C10)