Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unprotect Sheet Box when saving

I'm getting a very annoying Unprotect Sheet box everytime I save a workbook
that has a saved sheet. So if I have 5 sheets with protection I get 5
different boxes to cancel. Is there a way to disable this message or let me
know what is causing the unprotect sheet box to appear.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what a "workbook that has a saved sheet" is, but getting the
unprotect sheet dialog when you do a save isn't normal excel behavior.

I bet that there's a macro that's trying to do something before you do the save.

I'd test this by opening the workbook with macros disabled (change your security
level to something higher and choose not to enable macros).

Then try saving the file.

If that works ok, then it's time to go back to the developer and ask him/her
what's going on.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry that should of have read "workbook with a protected sheet" not saved.
However, I tried your suggestion and moved the security to Very High and
disabled the macros. I get the same Unprotect Sheet Box when I save. I'm
getting the error even when I create a new workbook, and protect the sheet.
I've done nothing to the workbook other then protect the sheet and I still
get the box when I go to save. Any ideas?

Thanks

Vick wrote:

I'm getting a very annoying Unprotect Sheet box everytime I save a workbook
that has a saved sheet. So if I have 5 sheets with protection I get 5
different boxes to cancel. Is there a way to disable this message or let me
know what is causing the unprotect sheet box to appear.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the idea on the Macros. I ended up tracing back to a Corporate
Add-In that is on our machines. Which explains why it would continue to work
with macros at very high.