Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Unprotect Sheet Box when saving

I'm not sure what a "workbook that has a saved sheet" is, but getting the
unprotect sheet dialog when you do a save isn't normal excel behavior.

I bet that there's a macro that's trying to do something before you do the save.

I'd test this by opening the workbook with macros disabled (change your security
level to something higher and choose not to enable macros).

Then try saving the file.

If that works ok, then it's time to go back to the developer and ask him/her
what's going on.

Vick wrote:

I'm getting a very annoying Unprotect Sheet box everytime I save a workbook
that has a saved sheet. So if I have 5 sheets with protection I get 5
different boxes to cancel. Is there a way to disable this message or let me
know what is causing the unprotect sheet box to appear.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson