joe smith

Default Calendar Problem- What's Wrong?

I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Ron de Bruin

Hi Joe

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
Have you follow the steps and insert the code in the sheet module ?

Try it again on a test workbook

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"joe smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

joe smith

I changed something and it worked. Is it possible to get the calender to come
up either to the immediate right of the cells or starting at a particular
cell location. At the moment it covers the other cell that requires a date
and I would like both visible. The cells Are C3 and C4. Thanks again.

"joe smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ron de Bruin

I think the name in your first test was not Calendar1

Try this

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("C3:C4"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Offset(1, 0).Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
' select Today's date in the Calendar
Calendar1.Value = Date
Else: Calendar1.Visible = False

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"joe smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

joe smith

Thanks Ron. One more for ya. When the calendar comes up there are some cells
underneath the calendar that are a lines around the cells. This line crosses
through the calendar which won't allow me to select any of the dates that the
line croses through. When I select the next calendar box the calendar moves
down and the line moves up which doesn't allow me to select from that row of
dates.
Any Ideas?
Thanks again.

"joe smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ron de Bruin

I don't think I understand what you see
Can you send me your test workbook private

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"joe smith" wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a calendar to come up in a cell. I have tried Ron De
Bruins way and I can't get the calendar to pop up or disappear it just stays
where I put it.. Where do I put the object? I have 2 cells that need dates C3
and C4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Hi Tim

You can't have two Worksheet_SelectionChange events in one sheet
Make the calandar work the way you want it in a new workbook.
If it is working then try to let it work with your existing code

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl