Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't get the macro to quit

This is perplexing.........I have three macro's (I removed all the 'work'
portion of the code to shorten it) but basically, If I follow the path of
auto_open, VbNo then Beginning_Week, vbYes, I get to the macro Daily but when
I get to the bottom of the sub Daily, it doesn't end. For some reason it
jumps to other End Sub's code line and then starts executing lines of code
again. I have tried many different configurations without success.

Any ideas? I wasn't aware that "End Sub" would not end the code execution???!!
! Help and many thanks.

Carrie

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Dim ans As Long

' If user answers yes then follow code below if user answers no then envoke
macro asking if it is the beginning of the week
ans = MsgBox("Is this the end of the Week?", vbYesNo)
If ans = vbNo Then Call Begin_Week

' Saves Ending Inventory Balance then envokes macro for Daily Input
Call Daily

End Sub

Sub Begin_Week()
Dim ans As Long

' If user answers yes then follow code below if user answers no then envoke
macro for Daily Input
ans = MsgBox("Is this the beginning of the Week?", vbYesNo)
If ans = vbNo Then Call Daily

' Clear contents of all Data Entry Sections

' Copy Ending Inventory from Last week to new worksheet

' Save Changes

' Envoke Macro for Daily Input
Call Daily

End Sub

Sub Daily()
Dim ans As Long

' If user answers yes then follow code below if user answers no then envoke
macro for Daily Input
ans = MsgBox(Prompt:="Ready for Daily Input?", Buttons:=vbYesNo)
If ans = vbNo Then
Call auto_open
End If

€˜Begin Input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
looks like you are caught in a endless loop.
sub auto_open calls sub daily which calls sub auto_open which calls sub
daily......
and on and on and on.......
why are we calling sub auto_open at the end of daily????????

regards
FSt1

"Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

When you run Auto_Open you and the user responds NO ultimately The code will
return to that routine at the line after
If ans = vbNo Then Call Begin_Week
The next line is
Call Daily
So if the user presses NO then both macros are called and I doubt that's
what you intend.

If you put both calls in an If loop then when execution returns to auto_open
it will be after the end if so that won't happen

Sub auto_open()
Dim ans As Long
ans = MsgBox("Is this the end of the Week?", vbYesNo)
If ans = vbNo Then
Begin_Week
Else
Call Daily

Mike

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's what I figured but shouldn't it only call auto_open if the user
answers no on the button? Otherwise it should read through the code for vbYes,
as it does and then End Sub. Why doesn't End Sub do just that when it is
reading the line End Sub? I have stepped through it several times......???

FYI - I recall auto_open in case the user made a mistake and needs to start
again.

P.S. I have even removed the auto_open from the code and re-tested. It still
won't end.

Thx for any assistance with this

FSt1 wrote:
hi
looks like you are caught in a endless loop.
sub auto_open calls sub daily which calls sub auto_open which calls sub
daily......
and on and on and on.......
why are we calling sub auto_open at the end of daily????????

regards
FSt1

This is perplexing.........I have three macro's (I removed all the 'work'
portion of the code to shorten it) but basically, If I follow the path of

[quoted text clipped - 54 lines]
€˜Begin Input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
should have read closer. you are right but remember that daily was invoked
by a call. when it finishes, code exccution returns to the calling sub to
complete to it's end sub. so just because the code hit an end sub doen't mean
that that is the end of the code run, just the end of that sub.
mike has a good idea. check that out.

FSt1 wrote:
hi
looks like you are caught in a endless loop.
sub auto_open calls sub daily which calls sub auto_open which calls sub
daily......
and on and on and on.......
why are we calling sub auto_open at the end of daily????????

regards
FSt1

This is perplexing.........I have three macro's (I removed all the 'work'
portion of the code to shorten it) but basically, If I follow the path of

[quoted text clipped - 54 lines]
€˜Begin Input

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh - I didn't think about that with a call. Interesting. Love to learn new
things. Thanks

FSt1 wrote:
hi
should have read closer. you are right but remember that daily was invoked
by a call. when it finishes, code exccution returns to the calling sub to
complete to it's end sub. so just because the code hit an end sub doen't mean
that that is the end of the code run, just the end of that sub.
mike has a good idea. check that out.

regards
FSt1

That's what I figured but shouldn't it only call auto_open if the user
answers no on the button? Otherwise it should read through the code for vbYes,

[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
€˜Begin Input