Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can i create a distribution list between excel and outlook?

i have an excel spreadsheet with about 2500 e-mails and would like to see if
i can create a distribution list from excel to outlook. is there a way to do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For a follow-up, see: http://www.msofficegurus.com/forum/f...sts.asp?TID=14
--
Regards
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With Outlook open go to FileImport and Export.

Import from Excel directly.

Or you could save the Excel workbook as a *.CSV file and import from that.

Main thing is..........it is done from Outlook end.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 May 2008 12:44:18 -0700, distribution list <distribution
wrote:

i have an excel spreadsheet with about 2500 e-mails and would like to see if
i can create a distribution list from excel to outlook. is there a way to do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why don't you just post your reply in this forum so's we can all watch the
thread and see the solutions?

Some kind of inducement for sending OP to another forum?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 May 2008 14:00:01 -0700, cmart02 wrote:

For a follow-up, see: http://www.msofficegurus.com/forum/f...sts.asp?TID=14

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord

If the person does not wish to follow-up the thread, then I have no problem
with it. Now, if it upsets you I am not sure there is much I can do about
that.

All we do is unpaid work, so I am not clear why you are so demanding as to
where I chose to post answers... I answer posts in a gazillion forums and
figured I could help concentrating on the forum I just opened.

Of course, you do not have to agree. Others will not, but I think it would
save me time whilst I still keep helping people.

--
Kind regards
Robert, Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was not sure which method you wanted to use, thus the original question.

You can use VBA to create a new mail message with the names in the BCC field
and then mail it to yourself. A possible solution is he
http://www.msofficegurus.com/forum/f...sts.asp?TID=14

I hope it helps.
--
Regards
Robert
Find me at http://www.msofficegurus.com - be part of it!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just think that questions asked here should get answered here.

You posted a URL that led to to a reply which was a question to OP and suggested
a possible programming solution.

We would all like to know that solution, but if OP stays with your forum, none
of us will see it.

In future I will keep my nose out of it.

I have no problem getting email addresses to Outlook myself so don't "need" the
programming solution, just was curious.

Gord

On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:06:16 -0700, cmart02 wrote:

Gord

If the person does not wish to follow-up the thread, then I have no problem
with it. Now, if it upsets you I am not sure there is much I can do about
that.

All we do is unpaid work, so I am not clear why you are so demanding as to
where I chose to post answers... I answer posts in a gazillion forums and
figured I could help concentrating on the forum I just opened.

Of course, you do not have to agree. Others will not, but I think it would
save me time whilst I still keep helping people.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord

Answering your questions...

OK. I understand your point (keeping answers together) and I apologize if I
orginally misinterpret you; thus resulting in a rather "rude" reply. I had
not given thought to what you just said...

The VBA suggestion I made was:

Sub example()
Dim oOutlook As Outlook.Application
Dim oEmail As Outlook.MailItem
Dim strEmails As String
Dim varEmailAddress As Variant

On Error Resume Next
Set oOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
If oOutlook Is Nothing Then Set oOutlook =
CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

For Each varEmailAddress In Sheets(2).Range(Range_Containing_he_Emails)
strEmails = strEmails & varEmailAddress & ";"
Next varEmailAddress

Set oEmail = oOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With oEmail
.To = "
.BCC = Left(strEmails, Len(strEmails) - 1)
.Subject = "My Mail List"
.Display
End With

Set oEmail = Nothing