Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search for matches and then append data

I've got two Excel sheets containing data about employees. Sheet A is
a complete list, and Sheet B is a shorter list with only employees who
are in a certain job category. I need to compare the two lists--both
have Employee ID numbers as part of the data set. Where Excel finds a
matching ID #, I would like to append the job title that appears in
Sheet B into a blank column on Sheet A.

I'm thinking this could be done with some combo of an IF statement and
VLOOKUP, but I haven't gotten any further than that. Any help would
be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on how that table on sheetB is laid out, you could use =vlookup() or
=index(match())

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup() and =index(match()) he
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and