Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu

Can someone please help? This is all happening in one worksheet: different
users need to fill out various parts of a worksheet, because the worksheet is
so long we have created a list (using data validation) for users to navigate
the sheet and Go To their respective area to fill out. How do I "connect" the
list to the cell where each section begins so that the cursor will go to that
section of the sheet. I have named ranges for where each section begins and
when I hit F5 it opens it up, but I would like a list to do that...can anyone
help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you are asking for requires macros. Perhaps an easier solution would be
to use hyperlinks...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Carolina" wrote:

Can someone please help? This is all happening in one worksheet: different
users need to fill out various parts of a worksheet, because the worksheet is
so long we have created a list (using data validation) for users to navigate
the sheet and Go To their respective area to fill out. How do I "connect" the
list to the cell where each section begins so that the cursor will go to that
section of the sheet. I have named ranges for where each section begins and
when I hit F5 it opens it up, but I would like a list to do that...can anyone
help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

InsertHyperlinkPlace in this document.

Select a cell to link to and give your source cell a friendly name using "Screen
Tip"

You're done.

Repeat for each section.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:43:00 -0700, Carolina
wrote:

Hi Jim,
How would I do that?