-   -   Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186230-select-cell-worksheet-drop-down-menu.html)

Carolina

Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu

Can someone please help? This is all happening in one worksheet: different
users need to fill out various parts of a worksheet, because the worksheet is
so long we have created a list (using data validation) for users to navigate
the sheet and Go To their respective area to fill out. How do I "connect" the
list to the cell where each section begins so that the cursor will go to that
section of the sheet. I have named ranges for where each section begins and
when I hit F5 it opens it up, but I would like a list to do that...can anyone
help please?

Jim Thomlinson

Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu

What you are asking for requires macros. Perhaps an easier solution would be
to use hyperlinks...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Carolina" wrote:

Can someone please help? This is all happening in one worksheet: different
users need to fill out various parts of a worksheet, because the worksheet is
so long we have created a list (using data validation) for users to navigate
the sheet and Go To their respective area to fill out. How do I "connect" the
list to the cell where each section begins so that the cursor will go to that
section of the sheet. I have named ranges for where each section begins and
when I hit F5 it opens it up, but I would like a list to do that...can anyone
help please?

Carolina

Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu

Hi Jim,
How would I do that?

"Carolina" wrote:

Can someone please help? This is all happening in one worksheet: different
users need to fill out various parts of a worksheet, because the worksheet is
so long we have created a list (using data validation) for users to navigate
the sheet and Go To their respective area to fill out. How do I "connect" the
list to the cell where each section begins so that the cursor will go to that
section of the sheet. I have named ranges for where each section begins and
when I hit F5 it opens it up, but I would like a list to do that...can anyone
help please?

Gord Dibben

Select cell in worksheet from a drop down menu

InsertHyperlinkPlace in this document.

Select a cell to link to and give your source cell a friendly name using "Screen
Tip"

You're done.

Repeat for each section.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 May 2008 10:43:00 -0700, Carolina
wrote:

Hi Jim,
How would I do that?