Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL 2007 OPENING IN COMPATIBILITY MODE

I have just had Excel 2007 installed on my office computer however when I
open the application it shows: "Book1 [Compatibility Mode] on the header and
consists a maximum of 65536 rows & IV columns.

Why???

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Faraz

Because the spreadsheet you are opening is an earlier version which will
open in compatibility mode and only show the smaller grid. If you take your
existing xls files and save as Excel workbook, they will be upgraded to xlsx
(or xlsm if they have code in them) and after closing and re-opening the
compatibility note will be gone

You may also find a similar phenomenon if your have a personal.xls
workbook. This too will need upgrading to xlsm or xlsb. You should check out
the various file types here

http://excelusergroup.org/blogs/nick...e-formats.aspx

--
HTH