Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default How do I ensure that users are prompted to update links at start

I have linked wokrbooks, but when I open these they do not pormpt you to
update links (or not) they say continue or edit links. I think I need to
change the set up of excel, but where do I start looking to get this prompt
back when files are opened.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd start with:

Edit|Links|startup prompt.
Change it to "Let users choose to display the alert or not"
(this was added in xl2002 (I _think_), so you may not have this option.)

Then I'd look at:
Tools|Options|Edit tab|check "ask to update automatic links"

Be aware that if the user has the "ask to update automatic links" checked, then
they win the battle--it won't matter what you choose for the startup prompt.

(ps. All these are xl2003 menus)

--

Dave Peterson